Saturday, April 14, 2007

Building a website

I've been working on creating a website for my online marketing freelance business, killam&co.
In between work, freelance, and the volunteer activities I'm involved in it seems to be taking a lot of time. What seems to be working is the idea of "get started, post something, refine later".

Several entrepreneurs I've worked for in the past routinely took action in this manner. Even if it's not pretty, you gain momentum once you get moving. Once the momentum builds you it gets a little easier but you have to keep going. I should have several new pages added to the site by the end of the weekend.

What's up next? Once the site has about 10 or so pages I'll begin working on promoting it and will put my skills to the test. Can I market my own website and attract customers? If not I won't be in business very long!

No comments: